This blog normally contains advice and insights to help readers. Every now and then I use it to share something more personal – for example, so that I have a record of related stats. This time I am answering a question I am often asked: “What are you doing now?”
Since 2006 I have pursued a portfolio career. It took a while to work out what links the various strands. These are best summed up as: Helping professionals who want to STAND OUT and ensure they are remembered, referred and recommended.
This focus includes advice across a range of topics including elements of marketing and personal branding, networking, social media, reputation management and related practice development skills.
Whilst many of the professionals I work with are accountants and tax advisers, I also work with lawyers, financial advisers, finance companies, consultants, speakers and bankers. Naturally I can adapt my services for others too.
To quote from my Linkedin profile:
ALLOW ME TO HELP YOU BY:
- engaging me to speak at your conferences, seminars, networking groups, masterclasses, webinars and training sessions;
- booking me to mentor you 1-2-1;
- engaging me to write for your publication or blog or to provide strategic consultancy advice; or
- subscribing for my regular blog posts, articles, podcasts, webinars and newsletters
As indicated on my website and on my bookmark-shaped business card I am a Speaker, Mentor, Facilitator, Author, Blogger and Debunker.
That final reference to being a ‘debunker’ is intended to emphasise that my input, insights and advice are focused in the real world; despite my energetic and enthusiastic approach I am no fan of the hype and empty promises made by so many other bloggers and consultants to the professions.
In addition to the above I also hold a number of distinct professional roles. These include:
- Facilitator of The INNER CIRCLE FOR ACCOUNTANTS – a select group of smaller practices in London who assist each other in overcoming day to day and strategic frustrations.
- Chairman of the TAX ADVICE NETWORK – connecting accountants with independent tax experts.
- Network Independent Director (think Non Exec Director) of Winmark’s TAX DIRECTOR NETWORK – for in-house Heads of Tax in FTSE 350-sized companies.
Some people still approach me for tax advice although I gave up being a tax adviser in 2006. I shared my reasons here>>> When asked for tax advice all I can do is direct the enquiry to the Tax Advice Network that I chair find out here now. That Network comprises many tax experts who provide advice across a wider range of tax topics than ever I could have done, even after a 25 year career in the profession.
If you would like to see if I can help you, your clients or anyone you know, do explore my website, give me a call or drop me an email and I’ll get back to you as soon as I can.