I was delighted (in November 2104) to be invited onto Margo Manning’s radio show: The Business Hour on HCR. [Edited: Sept 2016: Sadly the recording is no longer available].
Margo started by asking me to comment on a couple of news related issues. We then moved onto talking about how businesses, business owners and professional advisers can STAND OUT from the pack. And the value of having more powerful conversations.
You can find key elements from the interview using the time index details below:
- 0.00 – 01.45 Music
- 01.45 – 04.38 Introduction by Margo.
- 04.38 – 08.00 Discussion re Duke of York’s recent suggestion that British Businesses need to be less polite, more competitive and embrace the Chinese market. Should we be more pushy or assertive?
- 08.00 – 18.08 Possible differences between an employee mentality and a professional mentality.
- 18.08 – 18.52 How to be more assertive without being pushy in sales
- 19.00 – 20.15 The 7 key principles that can help you to STAND OUT from the pack
- 20.15 – 44.58 How to have more powerful and impactful conversations
- 44.58 – 49.00 Adapting the principles to online conversations
- 49.00 – 54.59 Adapting the principles to networking events
- 54.59 – 57.52 Final tips and thoughts
The free materials referenced at the end of the interview are available here>>>