Accelerating Access to Accountants
Mark Lee has long been the ‘go to’ guy for anyone serious about developing a fuller understanding of how to do business with accountants. He is also frequently approached by organisations keen to tap into his extensive network reach. In both respects he offers constructive insights, a positive professional reputation and his widely admired presentational skills.
Financial, software, legal and other organisations engage Mark to take their message to key target audiences. They also engage him to ensure that their teams are better prepared and thus waste less time when engaging accountants for business or referrals.
Mark offers his services in this area with two objectives in mind:
- To provide enormous value by delivering advice, publicity and insights that are hard to obtain elsewhere; and
- To reduce the amount of time accountants are required to waste being pitched at or engaged by people who do not understand the accountants’ needs and interests.
13 common mistakes
Do check out Mark’s white paper which explains The 13 BIG mistakes most people unwittingly make when approaching accountants for business or for referrals to clients.
“Many really experienced professionals have told me they had big ‘AHA’ moments when reading the paper. They learned that they have been making at least one or two of the mistakes – sometimes many more. And, then they can go on to ensure they stop wasting time and can build more profitable relationships faster with the accountants they meet and target.”
- Strategic consultancy – one-off or retainer style
- Keynote talks at conference
- Independent ambassador
- In house presentations, training, workshops and masterclasses,
- 1-2-1 coaching/mentoring
- Joint seminars for accountants and other professionals
- Reviewing and advising on draft introducer agreements
Please note that Mark has zero interest in commission only affiliate arrangements
- Provision of a greater understanding of accountants’ typical priorities and sensibilities. In so doing he will help reduce the amount of wasted time and effort of everyone involved (including that of accountants) ;
- Operating as an independent ambassador or provision of independent opinions free of bias, that can be used to promote services and products, if he is happy to be associated with them. He sometimes does this when commissioned to write independent white papers, provide interviews or webinars or when acting as an independent ‘value add’ at a third party seminar.
- Provision of strategic consultancy advice and support at a single meeting or on an ongoing basis
- Speaking at events for your own people or for invited guests (typically accountants).
What can you expect?
Mark adapts his style and approach to suit each client and their objectives. On previous occasions :
- A major publishing house engaged Mark to review and refine the conclusions they had drawn from research data that relied on poor sampling techniques.
- A sales team decided to completely rewrite their sales materials to reduce the time they spent with accountants who were not likely to be profitable prospects.
- Mark was the go-to guy for the founders of Accountex while they only had embryonic plans before they built this into what has become Europe’s largest annual conference and exhibition for accountants. He has been invited to speak in their keynote theatre every year since its inception.
- His innovative ideas resulted in key members of a banking team pursuing what was, to them, a wholly new route to market with a very attractive and low cost of acquisition for new accounts.
- Software houses have engaged Mark to present keynote talks at a series of conferences to bolster interest and attendance among their target audience of accountants.
- Facilitating a meeting with Partners and divisional Directors in a law firm, who were overwhelmed by the options and perceived challenges they faced, Mark helped unpack the issues so that clarity could prevail.
In each case Mark’s involvement and input brings the benefit of objective observation. He may feel the need to challenge and seek evidence for assertions that do not fit with his experience. This doesn’t make them wrong of course and Mark is always willing to amend his views in the light of convincing evidence and statistically robust data.
You can be confident that Mark will provide objective views and advice. He is fiercely protective of his reputation as an independent commentator and as an ‘expert’ on the accountancy sector. His input invariably saves clients significant amounts of wasted time, money and effort.
Once you have had the benefit of Mark’s clarity of approach you can be confident that the plans you formulate will be realistic and that you will achieve your aims and objectives in building profitable relationships with accountants.
Terms of business
Mark’s terms of business for consultancy and other services related to Accelerating Access to Accountants are set out here>>>>
Contact Mark on mark [at] bookmarklee [dot] co [dot] uk or book a time to speak on the phone via this diary booking service here>>> to discuss your requirements. Or you can take your chances and call his mobile direct: 07769 692890