Mentoring and Coaching for Accountants
This page contains an overview of how you could benefit from having me mentor, coach and support you in your practice.
Typically sole practitioners use me as a sounding board, a non-exec or a source of relevant knowledge, experience and insights – to help them save time, to generate more clients or to become more profitable. Additionally they often thank me for discouraging them from wasting time and/or money on initiatives that would divert them or not generate the results they seek.
I am only able to commit supporting up to 10 accountants a year with the Focused, Results and Strategic programmes below. Beyond that you can book one-off one-hour intensive mentoring calls with me if you feel that’s all you need or want at this stage.
Who are you?
You are a sole practitioner accountant (with or without staff and contractors) and you do not feel as successful as you would like to be. You know you could feel better about your practice or that you could simply be more successful and you know you need someone to ensure you do one or more of the following:
- Manage your time more productively
- Stop worrying about your marketing activities
- Get more value from your networking and business development activities
- Spend more time working ON your business rather than IN your practice
- Plan more effectively for the future
- Take the actions necessary to achieve your goals
- Stop being side tracked from what you really want to be doing
- Avoid reinventing the wheel
- Develop and rehearse more powerful conversations
- Attract new clients of the right type, quality and fees
- Generate more referrals and avenues of introduction
- Charge higher fees without losing clients
You are also realistic, so I’m not going to promise we can resolve all of these issues in the short-term. But once you have clarified what you seriously want to achieve I will do all I can to help you succeed. As a result you will feel better about yourself, about your practice and about the future. And this will typically result in you generating more clients and more work of the type that you want and for which you can charge the fees you deserve.
What is involved?
The mentoring relationship is personal and confidential. My mentoring style involves a mix of support, consulting, encouragement, coaching, challenges, motivation and inspiration. I will encourage you to take action and hold you to account to ensure it is all worthwhile.
Distance is no object. You can choose the approach which best suits you: The programmes on this page normally involve phone or skype conversations after a 1-2-1 face to face meeting at or close to your office.
When you work with me you get the full benefit of the lessons, experience and insights I accumulated during my 25 years in practice as well as the insights I have gained from mentoring, coaching, speaking and writing for many hundreds of accountants.
In addition to regular calls you also have ad-hoc email support, access to dozens of checklists, white papers and tip sheets and my personal promise to do all that I can to help you to achieve the success you deserve.
Keep moving forward
Please book a time now for us to have quick chat. If that goes well we can then arrange an induction and detailed objective setting meeting or conversation*. And then, assuming we are both keen you can choose which mentoring programme you would like to follow:
- The 12 months (Strategic) programme: This gives us enough time, up to 40 calls, to focus on long-term strategy and so address all aspects of your practice, overcoming key challenges and improving your business results – £7,958 (plus VAT) Monthly DD option available too.
- The 6 months (Results) programme: Choose this option, up to 22 calls, if you want to improve the business results you’re achieving in your practice – £4,958 (plus VAT) Monthly DD option available too.
- The 2 months (Focused) programme: This approach, up to 8 calls, allows us to focus on up to 4 key challenges you want to resolve in your practice so as to be more profitable, make more money, more time or to overcome day to day frustrations – £1,958 (plus VAT)
Each call typically lasts 40-60 minutes. Within reason you can also obtain additional input by way of emails in between our scheduled calls. Additional calls beyond those included in each programme are charged at £350 but I would notify you of this before fixing any such ‘additional’ calls.
Mentoring programme fees are subject to VAT and payable in full to secure your place and my commitment before commencement.
*My standard fee for an induction and objective setting session is £558 (plus VAT) payable in advance. This session doesn’t commit either of us to anything further although I invariably follow up with summary notes and ideas from the discussion.
Please book a (no obligation) call with me now using this facility which links to my calendar>>>>
If you require more intensive support I also offer a premium priced meetings focused mentoring programme for sole practitioner accountants – as set out here >>>>>
If you simply want a one-off mentoring consultation you can book a convenient time here >>>>
To ensure I follow the same advice I give my own clients, you will need to pay up front for such experiences. This avoids any possibility of me having to spend time chasing for payment afterwards. In the unlikely event that you subsequently decide my advice was of no value I will arrange an immediate refund. That’s never happened. The standard fee for such one-off consultations is £350 (plus VAT) payable via GoCardless >>>
If you don’t know me from my talks, blog posts, social media activity or articles, please visit the About Mark page to review my bio.